Review the articles posted by your classmates for Blog 7. Choose ONE and post a response that includes the following:
1) Article title, author, publication date, and link
2) Which classmates’ post you are responding to and why you chose their article
3) A brief review of the article content
4) A reflection on whether (a) you feel this article contains a debatable topic and (b) your personal thoughts and response to the content of the article.
Find an article related to climate change that you feel includes a DEBATABLE topic. That is, a topic that not everyone may agree with. Then, post the following information about your article:
1) The title and link to the article online
2) A brief summary of the article
3) The author(s) name(s) and what you feel their purpose for writing the article may be
4) YOUR personal side to the debate and REASONING why you feel that way
Choose ONE of the following articles to read and respond to:
1. Inside the Senate’s big vote on whether climate change is real
2. World has not woken up to water crisis caused by climate change: IPCC head
3. Experts Say Birth Control Access Key To Curbing Climate Change
Your post should include:
- the title of the article
- a brief summary of the article
- your initial reaction to the article
- your opinion about the credibility of the article based on article source and citations of data presented
Based on the question, passage, and figures that you read and analyzed from the booklet: Climate Change: Evidence, Impacts, and Choices, create the following blog post:
1. The QUESTION that you chose to read about
3. Relate the MAIN POINT from that section of the text. What is the most important thing we need to understand regarding the question you chose?
2. A brief summary of the FIGURE connected to that question. (What is this figure displaying? Why is it significant?)
** A online version of the booklet (no download necessary) can be found below:
Post the following information related to your independent research topic:
1) Your TOPIC and the Earth sphere that it is related to.
2) Your TESTABLE question. It should include both the DEPENDENT and INDEPENDENT variables (DV and IV).
3) Your HYPOTHESIS. It should also include the DV and IV and be an If…. then… statement.
4) Your proposed Experimental Procedure OR the link to an online data analysis program OR two sources that you could possibly gather data from and analyze.
Choose 1 of the 2 following options below for your blog post:
Review your classmates’ posts for Blog 2 and the articles they chose. Choose one article to read and comment on that is related to a topic you are interested in researching for for your independent science fair project.
Make sure to reply to that specific post when you write your comments. Your post should include:
A brief summary (2 – 3 sentences) regarding why you chose this article, how it is connected to global climate change, and how you will might create a testable question to investigate the topic.
Post a link to a new current event news article related to global climate change that is related to a topic you are interested in researching for your independent research project.
Your post should include:
1) The title of the article and date of publication
2) The link or web address for the article
3) A brief summary (2 – 3 sentences) regarding why you chose this article, how it is connected to global climate change, and how you will might create a testable question to investigate the topic.
Climate change and topics related to this issue are a big part of our daily news. For example, on Tuesday September 23rd, the United Nations held a Climate Change Summit at their headquarters in New York City (http://www.un.org/climatechange/summit/). Additionally, major protests demanding urgent action on climate change are occurring around the world (http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-29301969).
For your second blog post, you will post a LINK to a CURRENT EVENTS news article related to global climate change. Your post should include:
1) The TITLE of the article and date of publication.
2) The LINK or WEB ADDRESS for the article.
3) A brief SUMMARY (2-3) sentences that states WHY you chose this article and HOW it relates to global climate change.
To help you with your research, review the links posted on the SCIENCE IN THE NEWS page at the top of this blog. If you find an article from an alternate source and it fits the criteria for this assignment, please post it. Use your best judgement.